Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Miss Baker, I can swim backwards!"

I went to Grace Christian School today to volunteer. It was great! Sat in the younger grades' chapel and Jonathan Barret spoke. He did a slide show presentation of his trip and for every picture the younger kids (mostly those in kindergaten I assume) would ooh and aah. I wanted to laugh out loud a few times, but I was able to contain myself. They were just too funny.
Then I went down to the kindergarten for a bit and watched them practice for their graduation. They were super cute. I really enjoyed that.
Also supervised a grade seven study hall. I'm going to have to bring myself some stuff to do while I'm there next time. I just sat and watched the kids read or do homework. Whish that I had had study halls when I was in junior high. They would have been useful.
I can't wait to go again tomorrow!

7 comments:

Noel said...

Ya Jonathan did great today at chapel... every one wants to travel now.. till then

shauna marie said...

aww.... I wish I could've been there: A.) to see all the pics and B.) to hear all the kids! awww... I love that age group!

The Book Worm said...

Shauna- do you remember the picture of Jonny jumping into some water. . .any idea of what i'm talking about? Anyways, he showed that and immediately the kids all started laughing. I pretty much died. I can just imagine how much you would have laughed if you were there.

Noel- Heard you were in the high school chapel from the grade sevens. "That guy named. .. Nick? was in chapel with Jonny today." I couldn't figure out who Nick was until one of the girls corrected the other and said it was you. Now I'm wondering where Nick came from. . .you don't look like a Nick to me.

shauna marie said...

haha! Yes! I do remember that picture! Oh MY word! I would've love to have been there! haha... aw man... I need to visit soon! haha, k, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

BONFIRED :|

Rene said...

Sarah! Know what you should do? Update. Hahaha.

shauna marie said...

okay girl, even I'VE updated my blog... lol. love ya'!