Monday, April 03, 2006

Prayer Request

So one day this past week, at about 9:00, after a long discussion with her mother, Sarah went on the internet to see what she could come up with in terms of another school. That's right folks, another school. It wasn't to long till she found . . .
. . . and then she stayed on the site till 1:00 the next morning. The next day, after discussion with parents of course, she started the application process.

So this is what I want you guys to pray for. I'm applying for a Bachelor of Arts in Music with a performance emphasis. (Music?! I'll be studying voice, which I actually used to study, believe it or not, about 2 years ago. It was super expensive though and my instructor [who actually encouraged me to persue music in university] moved away.) Pray that I'm making the right choice and that I will seek and do God's will in my life.

Its a nerve racking decision. If I get accepted, I'll be going across the country to Saskatchewan and I know that I'll be terribly homesick. I think that it is a good decision though. I'll be in a Christian environment and will be taking courses on the Bible, so hopefully I will grow spiritually. I'll also be independent of my family and I guess I will probably grow up a bit (or a lot) more. God only knows what the next four years might bring.

and Grandpa . . . if you happen to read this in the next few days. . .I want to know your thoughts on this.



11 comments:

Rene said...

Noooo! You can't leave me! If you leave you won't get to check out my awesome new place come September! Either way, you've definitely been added to my prayer request list.

The Book Worm said...

Thanks Rene. I'll miss the random lunches with you.

shauna marie said...

hey girl! Oh, MY word! I'd be so excited for you! Briercrest is sort of a liberal school, so you gotta' know why you believe and why, but come on, bands like "downhere" have come out there! That'd be so sweet!

Rene said...

Well then we need to do a random lunch soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, do you know Rebecca Tasse from Fredricton? She's an EBC camp gal and she's been going to Briercrest for the past two years. Talk to me if you'd like to get in touch with her, k? Lots of prayer going up for ya!
:) Misty

Noel said...

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (II Chronicles 7:14).

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up" (James 4:10).

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
(Proverbs).

"In all your ways acknowledge Him,"


"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
This is pretty sweet that I can leave comments and little notes for yeah, eh? Well I really hope everything works out for you. You would have a blast their. Well I love ya girl. Hope you have an awesome day!
Leanne
PS Your haircut looks AMAZINGLY gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Mon and I read your blurp, and no you will not be independant!

Anonymous said...

Hey I posted a comment but I'm not here _ Grandpa.

Among other things I said "let's gab via e-mail (bakermtbob@msn.com)
I'm for college off island.
Briercrest???????

Jon Barrett said...

Briercrest, right on! I know a lot of Briercrestians (at least alumni) and most of them seem half normal. Hopefully it works out if that is the place for you.

The Book Worm said...

Half normal? Only half? Well thats comforting.